DE for Animal Use
Diatomaceous Earth Flea & Tick Control Plus.. Safe Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Pet Wormer, Livestock Wormer & Dietary Health Supplement .. For Our Best Friends.
PETS: Our best friends come in all shapes and sizes. Protect them with Diatomaceous Earth. When lightly rubbed into their coats & dusted in their area, it is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on dogs, cats, and birds. DE is also an effective ORGANIC WORMER and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have. When using as a daily food supplement or as a safe wormer, mix Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth with pet food as follows:
- Large Cats - 1 teaspoon
- Kittens - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dogs 100 lb + - 1-2 tablespoons
- Dogs 50 - 100 lb - 1 tablespoon
- Dogs Under 50 lb - 1 teaspoon
- Mini dogs - 1/2 teaspoon
As pets get older, they often get sore hips and joints. Diatomaceous Earth in your pet's daily diet will reduce inflamation. Also apply to moist kennel areas to reduce odors, dry the area, and prevent pest breeding. Deodorizing and absorption are natural functions of DE, so add to kitty litter to absorb odors and keep the litter box drier. (See Livestock below).
Veterinary naturopaths Drs. Kim Bloomer & Jeannie Thomason, hosts of the online radio show, Animal Talk Naturally www.animaltalknaturally.com, have this to say about our Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth:
"Our work is based on natural, preventive care for animals so of course we are always on the lookout for good, quality NATURAL products to help our clients and our listening audience that won't break the bank. We've long been proponents of FOOD-grade diatomaceous earth as a natural pest control for both external and internal use in animals. A Living Earth has provided both the high quality and affordability of DE in their Perma-Guard product that we look for in our own personal use as well as for our clients."
DIATOMACEOUS EARTH FOR LIVESTOCK: Diatomaceous Earth for Goats, Chickens, Horses, Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Rabbits and others will benefit from the use of Diatomaceous Earth. As well as being benefitial to animal health and pest control, our Diatomaceous Earth also act as an anti-caking additive to help the feed ingredients from sticking together.
More LIVESTOCK BENEFITS that have been observed:*
- Control of fleas and ticks
- Stimulates basic metabolism
- Converts feed better
- Reduces the desire to lick soil
- Scouring or diarrhea: when fed it seems to act as a material that draws both virus and bacteria out of the body and solidifies the stool
- Reduces odor and moisture in barns and stalls
- Better coat and hoof condition
- Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
- Reduces annual vet bills--Decreased Mortality
- In Cattle: Decreased Mastitis
- Dairy Cattle: Increased milk production
- Kills parasites without chemicals
- Better egg production, stronger eggs, and reduces overall animal stress
- Added to livestock waters, will prevent algae from growing
Suggested LIVESTOCK FEEDING and Application Rates:
Animal Suggested Rate
1% of total weight of dry ration 5% in grain or 1 oz. per day
1% of total weight of dry ration or 1 oz. per day
4 grams in morning milk per calf or 2 oz. per day in feed
5% in feed, use at full strength in dusting boxes
2% of total feed ration, dust or spray on bedding and animals
5 oz. (1 cup) in daily feed ration
1% in ground grains 1 part Diatomaceous Earth to 2 parts T-M salt
1% in grain, 1/2 oz per day, up to 50% in T-M salt
FOR LARGE ANIMALS, DE may be offered as "free choice" as long as the dispenser is well protected from the wind. Your livestock will also gain benefits from the many trace MINERALS naturally provided by our Freshwater Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth.
Important Notice: Only Feed Organic Freshwater Food Grade DE To Animals. PERMA-GUARD CRAWLING INSECT CONTROL---EPA REGISTERED AND APPROVED! EPA REG. NO. 73729-1-67197 EPA ESTABLISHMENT NO. 67197-UT-001 * EPA Notice:
In order to claim that Perma-Guard DE kills insects, the EPA approved label needs to be on the bag. We sell both the EPA approved label bag and the Non EPA approved label bag. The only difference is the label---it is exactly the same product dug out of the same mine. You, of course, can buy either product---we just need to inform you that we can legally only make insect killing claims on the diatomaceous earth with the EPA approved label.
* FDA DISCLAIMER Content on this site is for reference purposes only, based on reviews from users of diatomaceous earth. It is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed healthcare professional. User statements regarding this dietary supplement have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement.
Any food grade diatomaceous earth uses other than those approved by the EPA, FDA, or USDA are strictly reports of what hundreds of users as well as we ourselves have done with diatomaceous earth.
- Canadian Orders
- About Us
- Contact Us
- DE for Animal Use
- DE for Human Use
- DE Mineral Analysis
- DE Technical Data
- DE Testimonials
- DE What's the Benefits of
- DE-Material Safety Data Sheet
- FREE Whey Low®
- Press Releases
- Whey Low Clinical Testings
- Whey Low Recipes
- Whey Low Testimonials
- Whey Low® - Health Benefits
- Whey Low® by Dr. J. Whitaker
- Whey Low® Carb Interactions